Here are the top 10 things to do in December 2019 in Steveston.
- Santa Comes to Steveston: Gather at Fisherman’s Wharf with the family to watch Santa arrive by boat on Sunday, December 1, 2019 at 1:00pm. Follow him as he walks to the Gulf of Georgia Cannery National Historic Site for photos inside the theatre from 2:00pm – 4:00pm. Hosted by Steveston Merchants Association in partnership with Vancouver Whale Watching, Tourism Richmond, Gulf of Georgia Cannery Historic Site, Steveston Harbour Authority and the City of Richmond.
2. Christmas Classic Car Cruise: Watch the classic and vintage cars decorated for Christmas cruise around Steveston village at 12:15pm – 12:30pm then display at Steveston Hotel parking lot until 2:30pm. It happens on the first Sunday of December (Dec 1 , 2019). Donations encouraged for the Richmond Christmas Fund who will be on site. The Breeze 104.3 radio station will be on site with music.
3. Steveston Festival of Trees: Come inside the Gulf of Georgia Cannery during the month of December and enjoy themed trees decorated by local merchants and community groups. Vote for your favourite tree.
4. Songs in the Snow at Steveston Town Square (Dec 7, 14, 21, 2019). Presented by the Steveston Historical Society in cooperation with the City of Richmond and the Richmond Arts Coalition, enjoy some of Richmond’s most inspiring musicians performing holiday favourites. As well as music, enjoy free hot chocolate, vintage-style Christmas crafts and other holiday activities.
December 7 – RE:Sisters, Debeck Elementary, Wowk Elementary, Marcato
December 14 – Allie McDonald, Susan Skemp, Paco Ha
December 21 – ROCA (Richmond Orchestra and Chorus Association); the Ukeladies of Lulu Island; Brass, Wind & Wire
5. Winter Tram at Steveston Interurban Tram (Dec 7, 2019) from 1pm – 4pm.
6. Heritage Christmas Craft Fair at Britannia Shipyards National Historic Site on Saturday, Dec 7, 2019 from 11am-4:00pm.
7. Cannery Farmers’ Market: This winter market invites you in to the the Gulf of Georgia Cannery on Sundays 10am – 3pm. (2019 Dec 1, 8, 15. 2020 Feb 9, 23, Mar 8, 22, Apr 5, 19.)
8. Winter Hayrides at Steveston Community Centre on December 5 & 6 from 6:00-8:30pm. Registration required (sells out fast).
9. Winter Window Contest: Stroll through Steveston Village and enjoy winter window displays. Vote for your favourite by picking up and dropping off a ballot at the Steveston Tram or Steveston Museum. Free.
10. Drive past the Steveston Ho Ho Ho House. The Woodman’s have been lighting up 4280 Garry Street for over 30 years, creating a little piece of the North Pole in our village. Nightly from 6-10pm, Merry Christmas!
11. Steveston Santa Claus Parade on December 24 starting at 6pm in residential Steveston neighbourhood. A small community based parade that started in 1973. A simple, heartfelt and tiny (blink and you’ll miss it!) local effort. Sponsored by Richmond Firefighters Charitable Society, with support from the Steveston Community Society.